help with feeding Bolivian ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
How can I make sure my BR is getting enough to eat without constantly overfeeding my tank? He's not as enthusiastic (or as aggresive) as the others about eating during feeding time, and the other fish are snatching food right out from under him. He completely ignores the sinking pellets, but he loves the brine shrimp. He seems to eat such a small amount of flakes that I'm worried. Otherwise he seems very active and healthy. I just wonder if this is normal, or should I be doing something else.

Are freeze dried bloodworms ok for him? I soak them in tank water to rehydrate before I offer them to reduce the chances of constipation.

If your Ram is new to your tank it might take a few days before he starts eating normally. I don't think I ever see them eat a ton of food.

I've noticed that when they're hungry, they'll eat. If you worry about each fish you'll over feed. I've got several catfish that I never see. They only come out at night and I still don't know how they find enough food but they do.

If your Ram is new to your tank it might take a few days before he starts eating normally. I don't think I ever see them eat a ton of food.

I've noticed that when they're hungry, they'll eat. If you worry about each fish you'll over feed. I've got several catfish that I never see. They only come out at night and I still don't know how they find enough food but they do.

I've had him for 5 days now, and he does eat...I guess I'm just used to the others who are frantic during feeding. I need to stop worrying so much:)

Back
Top Bottom