help with my black moor please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well for anybody that cares, my black moor is gettin better, his eye is almost back to normal

im suprised no one said to add aquarium salt(less than normal amount for goldfish) after your water changes. cleaner water will fix cloudy eye problems and things like ammonia burn and stuff. i dont recomend doing large water changes, i know it is easier and removes more at once, but the chance of shocking your fish and removing too much of your good bacteria and killing your goldfish is VERY possible, i know firsthand, very sad day for me. i know its hard to hold back or take peoples opinions when you hear them , i think we all get upset about stuff sometimes... fish keeping is a subject of alot of debate/opinions and it takes alot of care and thinking/researching. We ALL have made mistakes, and we hopefully learn from them, and start planning ahead so we make better choices.i know you care about your fish...you are here, after all ! - doogle

thanks, doogle, i dis put aquarium salt in and only do like 20% water change every few days, thanks

umm i used a fungus tablet, which is suppose to help with cloud eye as well and that seemed to help him, and now happily his eye is completely back to normal,thaks

bluechannelcat said:
umm i used a fungus tablet, which is suppose to help with cloud eye as well and that seemed to help him, and now happily his eye is completely back to normal,thaks

Do you remember the product name?

I'm trying to fit that same issue. 2weeks of salt & meds didn't do what I expected. They seem fine, just bugs me and I want to make sure they're well care for.

Thanks

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

umm, its tank buddies form jungle, walmart carries it, the box says fungus tablets, or something like that, they work pretty well.

you should clear it up with half the normal(tropical fish)salt(aquarium salt) dosage for ill fish and regular water changes...it should clear up in 2 weeks and you should see improvement before that

hey my girl friends black one black moor has white on its side, kinda like a cloud, she has a 30 gallon tank, and has been treating it with the usual meds and it doesn't seem to chang, it acts fine and everything she has 6 fish, any ideas, kinda curiouse what it is and if its life threatening at all, thanks

bluechannelcat said:
hey my girl friends black one black moor has white on its side, kinda like a cloud, she has a 30 gallon tank, and has been treating it with the usual meds and it doesn't seem to chang, it acts fine and everything she has 6 fish, any ideas, kinda curiouse what it is and if its life threatening at all, thanks

Is it spots or does it look like fine flour dust? If it's the latter, mine is having the same issue and everything I've tried hasn't resolved it. Doesn't seem to bother them either, but it bugs me :).

. i dont recomend doing large water changes, i know it is easier and removes more at once, but the chance of shocking your fish and removing too much of your good bacteria and killing your goldfish is VERY possible, i know firsthand, very sad day for me.

I thought the beneficial bacteria in an aquarium are sessile? If it is, removing a lot of water won't get rid of a lot of it as long as you keep your stuff wet. Same reason that just using dirty water from a cycled tank doesn't help much with cycling a new one.

I thought the beneficial bacteria in an aquarium are sessile? If it is, removing a lot of water won't get rid of a lot of it as long as you keep your stuff wet. Same reason that just using dirty water from a cycled tank doesn't help much with cycling a new one.

You're correct. Only a negligible amount of bacteria lives in the water column, not enough to affect cycling. It primarily resides on the surfaces of the tank.

yeah it looks like a fine flower coat but not the whole body, its not that bad though.

bluechannelcat said:
yeah it looks like a fine flower coat but not the whole body, its not that bad though.

Can't say that mine were only partially covered, but it could be the same thing and can't find a way to cure it yet. My next try (I want them to rest from the last meds) is going to be that Jungle brand fungus tabs. They bubble so who knows, maybe fizzie water it the answer lol :(.

yeha idk i know they turn your tank blue for a while and then turns to green around he time yo need a warter water change, may take a little while for the color to go away though

Back
Top Bottom