Help with new fish 3 yr old tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
I I have a 60 gallon tank with lie rock and some mushrooms Xenia and star polyps in the tank for 3 yrs is a clown that is 3" another 2" and another 1" then I have 3 damsels and just last night I added peppermint shrimp a motion gold stripe clown a black and white percula a mandarin dragonet and a six line wrasse .... Today when when home I see all the shrimp the mandarin and the black and white percula ... Earlier I saw the sixline but now can't find him or the maroon .... Last night the maroon was being picked on by my biggest. Lien and a yellow damsel is it possible try could have kille the Marion and one of my stars would eat him that fast?!? And also I know the sixline hides a lot at first will he get used to the tank and come back out ....please any insight will help I really liked te Maroon an hope nothing happened he was about 1-1/2" please help thanks

Im not a sw expert, but ive heard that wrasses will hide and burrow in the sand until they feel comfortable. That seems like alot of fish added at once too.

gman42 said:
Im not a sw expert, but ive heard that wrasses will hide and burrow in the sand until they feel comfortable. That seems like alot of fish added at once too.

That is correct bud, they will hide until they feel comfortable, mine sleeps in the sand. He also made a little spot in the back right side just for him. Cool fish to watch. He knows every nook and cranny of my little tank lol.

So if that's the case he will come out eventually.... And any idea about the maroon clown

They could be hiding. I only have a BC29 and I swore my orange spotted goby was dead and then one day he popped out. They find a spot and sometimes they just stay there until there ready. Don't count them out just yet.

Damsels are very very aggressive you do know that right? I had to re home 2 of my yellow tails because they would attack all my fish and even each other.

Back
Top Bottom