Help with old otocinclus sucking on barb!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah right when any fish like that start sucking on your other fish you have to get rid of them or keep them in an aquarium alone. Once they get bigger and older they think that the side of fish are floating flat objects with food on the side. So yeah you have to sadly get rid of him or give him his own aquarium.

Yeah right when any fish like that start sucking on your other fish you have to get rid of them or keep them in an aquarium alone. Once they get bigger and older they think that the side of fish are floating flat objects with food on the side. So yeah you have to sadly get rid of him or give him his own aquarium.

There is a third option, and that is to put the offending fish in a tank that has more aggressive fish than it. Dwarf puffers, although very small at maturity and cute looking, are relegated to species-only tanks for a reason. They are extremely aggressive fish that will attack fish many times larger than themselves, and wouldn't take any guff from the pleco. While they can normally be kept in small groups in a tank that has heavy decoration/plants, I chose my tank at work to only have a single DP so I wouldn't come in after the weekend to see a dead one, or have to deal with aggression. My concern is the puffer causing problems by attacking the pleco.

Back
Top Bottom