Help with planting/decorating tank; Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just went to Petco (closest non-chain LFS is about 2 hours away :( ) and got an anubias (no java fern), some FloraPride, and some rocks.

Stupid question: Now what? Can I just use a rubber band to secure it to a rock and put it in?

Should I soak it in a bucket for a while?

Thanks so much guys.

Tropical said:
I just went to Petco (closest non-chain LFS is about 2 hours away :( ) and got an anubias (no java fern), some FloraPride, and some rocks.

Stupid question: Now what? Can I just use a rubber band to secure it to a rock and put it in?

Thanks so much guys.

I QT my plants like I do my fish.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

I don't have a qt tank. The LFS had all the plants seprate from the fish and snails, so I'm hoping its ok that I just soaked it a little before adding it. I also just put in some FloraPride. Here are some pics. Any thoughts on what kind of anubias it is?

Attachments

• Anubias.jpg
    Anubias.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Anubias 2.jpg
    Anubias 2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Anubias 3.jpg
    Anubias 3.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 57
That looks good, still a lot of space left open. Is that the look you are going for? I'm also just starting on plants,but I'm going for a jungle look.

I definately prefer the open space, but I'd like to add some more anubias, some java fern, and a few more lowlight plants to replace the fake ones.

Thanks so much guys.

You can use rubber band if you don't mind the look of it...or a sewing thread, a twist tie, fishing line..or some other tie that can hold your anubias...just don't tie them too tight...

Back
Top Bottom