Help With Possible Disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sammy S

Aquarium Advice Activist
have a new Ocellaris Clownfish (ORA), only had him and his paired female for about two weeks. I didn't notice until I got home he has a bit of raised white on his face. It's been two weeks and it's still there and I want to figure out if I should place him back in the QT and treat him for fungus, or if I should wait and see if that's what it even is?

Also, how does one cure Black Spot Disease on a Cleaner shrimp? I woke up this morning and he had it out of nowhere... I don't understand because I do 25% water changes weekly and everyone was quarantined for a week? Everyone is acting fine as well.

Some info about my tank:

Run time: 2 months (restarted)
Size: 34 Gallon
Inhabitants: 2 Ocellaris Clownfish, 1 Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Large Green Leather Mushroom coral, 3 Sm. Zoas, 1 Sm. Torch, 1 Sm. Trumpet, 1 Sm. Orange Elephant Ear coral
Salinity: 1.025
Parameters: 0 Ammo, 0 Nitrite, under 5 Nitrate
Temp: 74 Degrees Fahrenheit
Feeding: Once Daily Frozen Brine and Spectrum pellets
Weekly dosing: Phytoplankton (Seachem)
Lighting: Current Broad Lighting, medium flow (one filter and one current)

Thank you SO MUCH for your help!!! I attached a photo of my male Clown, he is the one towards the bottom.

Attachments

• Nanu.jpg
    Nanu.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I can try, hold on one moment please!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 48
Photo

I did my best but he likes to move around so it is quite difficult to get a clear shot :nono: I did zoom in best I could it's a small bump above his mouth!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.3 KB · Views: 47
  • nanu1.PNG
    nanu1.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 45
Did you do your test before or after your pwc?
---
Before
I did 2 small water changes shortly after moving them as well; I like to keep things clean which is why I'm worried.

I had a slight salinity change of 1.027 after my tank top broke (took me a few days to replace) which happened a few days ago, but I lowered the salinity slowly

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom