Help with Rotala

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DocOck

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467727336.142487.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467727349.878805.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1467727370.906023.jpg

Hey you all,

I wanted to see if I could get some dosing help. Currently I am using the EI dosing from green leaf and I think the trace ferts are bringing iron to a toxic level for my rotala.

I also have liquid seachem products like iron, potassium, and comprehensive. Using Ada aqua soil as substrate. Does anyone know of a light dosing formula? It's a 48 gallon aquarium and these are the only stem plants, other plants are Anubias, buce, ferns, bolbotis, and moss. Pressurized CO2, and medium light.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

View attachment 287726View attachment 287727View attachment 287728

Hey you all,

I wanted to see if I could get some dosing help. Currently I am using the EI dosing from green leaf and I think the trace ferts are bringing iron to a toxic level for my rotala.

I also have liquid seachem products like iron, potassium, and comprehensive. Using Ada aqua soil as substrate. Does anyone know of a light dosing formula? It's a 48 gallon aquarium and these are the only stem plants, other plants are Anubias, buce, ferns, bolbotis, and moss. Pressurized CO2, and medium light.

What makes you think the iron is at toxic levels? Do you know what the toxic levels of iron are for that specific plant? Have you measured the iron in your water?

What symptoms are you seeing? How have you come to this conclusion?

Those were all genuine questions btw. It wasn't a rant ☺️

Same here - I think I've seen perhaps a colour change in some plants from iron dosing (separate to high light), and also may have managed to get an iron phosphate issue using phosphate buffers (jury still out) but would most times suspect other things first. So very interesting topic for discussion :)

Back
Top Bottom