Help with transforming base rock to love rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smarkalan83

Aquarium Advice Activist
K I have been doing a lot of research and it seems I am getting a lot of different answers... I currently have 60 gal fowlr and some coral set up .. I want in the future to move to a bigger tank 90-125... I want to start by growing my base rock into live rock ... I have a small 10 gal setup with regular 25watt lighting on it ... I have placed about 20lbs base rock in to start as well as 6-7lbs live rock from lfs... To that I added some rubble from my tank... All I have in the tank is a power head and heater ... If I am not going to house fish do I need filters or protein skimmer and do you think after seeding I can make base rocks live after some time... Please let me know if I need to change anything or add something to make this work.... Thanks

Here is pic of the setups my 60 and 10... Thanks again...also if I try to scrape some green off the back of the 60 will that help the 10???

Attachments

• image-764841452.jpg
    image-764841452.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3171782.jpg
    image-3171782.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 82
no you don't need a filter or skimmer, honestly even if you had fish in it i still wouldn't put a skimmer.

if you're not going to put a fish in it then i would suggest putting some food every now and then to keep an ammonia source for the bacteria to survive on

Ok I can do that would it make process any easier to add maybe a damsel or 2 also is the lighting ok for the rocks to start seeding and spreading in time

the rock you can keep in the dark no need for it, unless you want it to grow coralline algae.

you could put a damsel after everything is cycled sure. i might pus a watchman goby and a pistol shrimp if it were up to me

Back
Top Bottom