Help with TSN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane87

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my girlfriend got me a baby tiger shovelnoce catfish, I have been on about getting one for ages but was waiting until next year to build my 5000g+ outdoor. Anyways she brought me one home today and rite now I only have my 95g community so my question is how big can I let him get in there until he starts to get stunted?

Anyone got an idea?? I don't want to return it because it would have taken a lot of time and effort, she would even have to of ordered it in so I don't want to hurt her feelings :/

They grow pretty fast. By a year it should be a foot or so. About 15 inches.

I've read you can slow their growth a bit by feeding them less often but don't know the truth to this and can't imagine it would make a big difference or that you would want to.

Thanks for the reply :) and yea I thought so :/ my outdoor tank should be built before next summer so hopefully I have time! If not i will have to try and find a bigger tank cheaply to buy me more time. Is there any signs I should look for to tell if he will be getting stunted or not? Or is it ok as long as he has plenty of room for free swimming?

Back
Top Bottom