HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcala

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm still not sure on this whole cycling process! Here are my levels my tanks been up for about 5-6 weeks!

Where am I in this whole cycling process and should I do a water change?

Attachments

• image-337841014.jpg
    image-337841014.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 69
If you have fish in your tank then yes, I would absolutely do a 50% water change asap. If you are doing a fishless cycle don't worry about it everything is fine.

When you have fish in your tank any Ammonia or Nitrite reading that is above .25 is a bad thing and you should be doing a water change as soon as you see it. Nitrate is okay as long as it is below 40ppm

For a fishless cycle you need to let the ammonia and nitrite build to help establish the bacteria that you need for having a cycled tank.

Can you tell by the picture where my levels are?! I only have 7 fish in a 20 high.
-ghost knife
-4 Molly's
-gromme(how ever to spell)
-Platy( saved him from a friend)
Will upgrade to the 50 gallon I inherited

I'm still not sure on this whole cycling process! Here are my levels my tanks been up for about 5-6 weeks!

Where am I in this whole cycling process and should I do a water change?

Holy cow your amonia maybe just over .25 everything else looks really really bad !

You can test right away if you want. Try to space out water changed a few hours (minimum) to lessen the risk of shocking/stressing your fish. With your nitrites as high as the were I can promise it will take multiple PWCs to get it to a safe levels.

Back
Top Bottom