Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishywishywowoo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've just done a routine pwc on my 20g juwel aquarium. As usual I turned filter pump off during. Went to switch it back on after and it won't start? Not blocked as rinsed media out last week. Worked fine up til now. It's 18 month old. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Possible causes:

GFCI outlet tripped and needs to be reset.

Power strip turned off.

Breaker for that outlet tripped and needs to be reset.

Filter is dead.

??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What type of filter? If you can get to the impeller,just give it a nudge and should take off.

And all of the above...lol

Last time I did a wc my C4 wouldn't turn on and realized that the impeller was not seated properly.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not very good with these things but here goes. It's a layered sponge filter with a kinda power hose outlet? Not very technical I know ha. It's been playing up for a while not turning on but usually if I unplug then plug back in it kick starts but this time it just won't do anything

What brand is it and is it an HOB?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's a juwel 70l. HOB? I honestly haven't got a clue.

If I read the Juwel web site correctly it is an internal filter. The only maintenance the web site mentions is the media. Almost all small filters have an impeller and when that impeller gets dirty they don't start up again. However I can't find anything about that on their web site.

I think you should contact Juwel customer support. I'm at a loss because this is not a brand that is commonly available in the U.S. where I live.

The fluval C series has a magnet that causes the fan to run. When algae builds
Up on the magnet it must be cleaned to restart

Thanks. I'll strip it down am have a look

Back
Top Bottom