Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should've went down. Something ain't right. Are you using buckets? Have you used anything with bleach or house cleaner? Is your test kit up to date?

I have a bucket I only use for the fish nothing else. My test kit is up to date and I've even had the pet shop check incase it was my kit and they got the same readings.

Yea cause ur doing WC
Stop the WC and just be patient
I remember when I was cycling my 55gal it took 4 months for it to cycle so be patient and no more WC cause with WC your killing BB

Yea cause ur doing WC
I remember when I was cycling my 55gal it took 4 months for it to cycle so be patient and no more WC cause with WC your killing BB
Yeah, but the ammonia is way to high.

My nitrite and nitrate are both at 0ppm. Done loads of water changes over the weekend. Ammonia still not budged. I'm at my wits end here!!
Have you tested your source water ?
Are you using prime to detoxify the ammonia?
It will still register on test if you did ,but it should not be a problem for 48 hours.
How are remaining fish ?

Are you sure it's not .40ppm or .04?? Do you have any fish now? Have you added any rocks or anything?

Yea cause ur doing WC

OP has fish in tank...
Still think he should not change water?
Changing water does not kill bacteria it just removes whatever % is in water column that is removed. Most bacteria live on surfaces and not in the water column .. That is why everyone goes nuts for media and successful keepers change lots of water...

OP has fish in tank...
Still think he should not change water?
Changing water does not kill bacteria it just removes whatever % is in water column that is removed. Most bacteria live on surfaces and not in the water column .. That is why everyone goes nuts for media and successful keepers change lots of water...

You are right
And I didn’t notice he’s doing an in tank cycle
So yea keep doing WC

I'm treating the water and doing all the basics.

The fish seem completely fine to be honest. I'm the one having heart palpitations over it [emoji23] I've done another 50% about an hour ago. Will do another one tonight. I'm just worried about doing too many.

I'd check the filter. See if there's bad build up of a died fish or something. Can you maybe post a pic of the tank and test results. Maybe we can help alittle more than the guessing game. The longer the ammonia stays high the more died fish you will have.

I checked the filter again and found a big lump of gue stuck in near the propellor that I had missed! Ammonia finally starting to go down!! [emoji4] got it down to 1ppm now so going to continue water changes until I get it back down to zero. Thank you so much for all of your help!

Back
Top Bottom