Here is a funny!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bavass

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been looking at my temp gauge for the last few days. Not that its much of a problem I just keep turning it up a little at a time. My temp in the morning when the light has been off from 7pm till 6am the temp is 78degress after the light has been on from 10am till 7pm the temp at 6:31pm is 75 degrees how in the world does the tank temp drop during the day while the light is on, lol?

sometimes it depends on the tempture in the room u got it in. The heater will come on and start warming up the water depends what u got it set on, when the lights on the heater dont come on as much thats what i find with all my tanks i have tropical and marine

My guess is you're just seeing the normal temp fluctuation. If I'm remembering right, I thing you just have PCs for lighting? Those aren't going to heat up a tank much, if at all. I have 200W of PC over a 46g, keep my room temp at 70 degrees, and still have the heaters come on several times a day to keep the tank temp between 78 and 80. Sounds like your tank bounces between 75 and 78, and you just happen to be seeing the high and low at the times you mention. Bet if you sat and watched it all day long, you'd see it bounce between those numbers several times during the day as the heater cycled on and off.

Back
Top Bottom