Here is a tank shot that may show how HUGE 525 is!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissamustang

Aquarium Advice Addict
That lamp is 28 inches tall........This weekend is going to be a big cleaning day for the tank.....So excuse the mess but I just wanted to show the thickness of the glass and to try to get a better idea....on the size of our monster :D

The fan cord is temp....He got a ton of new toys...."Lights" this week :wink:

Attachments

• mvc-189f.jpg
    mvc-189f.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 421
I helped a local reefer breakdown a 450. It was a tear-jerker of a day. It took 6 of us 10 hours to break it down. I never want to be so close to such a big tank again. *shudder*. May you never ever ever have to move!

As for tank cleaning... This is THE best thing I've ever seen for cleaning a tank:
ReefGadget

It scrapes coraline off of the glass like butter. You wouldn't believe it but to see it. I have a video of it. Maybe I'll get that posted tonight.

There are a few others similar on the market but they are hugely overpriced for what you're getting. The crafty could even make one themselves.

Beautiful setup you've got there, by the way!

Thanks, that's one big tank! The blue tang at the bottom is practically invisible. I’m sure you spend very enjoyable hours in front of it :D

Melissamustang said:
I do.......I do.........Phyl...Does it come with a long, long, long handle...Or do I have to go snorkeling? :lol:

check the link.. its a razor blade attached to a magnifloat... no snorkeling nessisary LOL :D

The tank is acrylic so no razors allowed. The acrylic is 1" thick and the only mag cleaners I have seen are well over $100 so I have put off getting one.

He's got an acrylic "blade" as well. Hard plastic of some sort.

howm much did just the tank it self cost if u dont mind me asking
$3000
Melissa and I were sitting down figuring up stuff this week. I think I have around $25,000 total invested if I quit today. Tomorrow it will be $25,150 :wink:

Brenden said:
I think I have around $25,000 total invested if I quit today.

Whoa.... $25,000? 8O You realize that's more than many people earn in a year! I'm jealous! Enjoy.

That tank is a monster and "IT'S ALIVE" mmmmuhahahahahaha "IT'S ALIVE" !!!! Man I could only wish. I think I would give up my couches and everything in my living room for a 525 gallon SW tank!!!

Your tank has got to be close to weighing 5500+ lbs. Even with a concrete slab I’m sure that has to exude a lot of pressure not to mention leaving a huge indention in the carpet :D

I truly hope you never have to break this down and move anywhere!

I’d love to see a shot of the stand added to your gallery if you get a chance. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful shots of your tank so far :D

The guy who makes those is in your reef club right? That is a great idea.
Yeah, he's in our reef club. He's just about giving them away after materials. He was selling them for 15, shipped to your door. Crazy. To think you'd spend 30$ on the OM version of that very thing is just insane.

25K? Sadly I don't think I'm far enough behind you to justify the volume differntial! LOL! I don't even want to add it all up.

Not really other than if you notice, all weight bearing boards are resting on supports. No nails or screws are responsible for holding weight. Things get wet, wood gets soft, nail rust. You get the idea.

I can't even imagine the time that must be required to care for a tank of that size! My tank is only 72 gal and I feel like caring for it is a part-time job... but one of the best jobs out there. :)

Back
Top Bottom