Hermit crab!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tropicallie said:
Have a little bitty one! Do I need to keep empty shells in the rank? If so, how many?

They gradually outgrow their shells, without a new one slightly larger it will have no place to hide and be vulnerable and most likely die. Most fish stores will give you a few free extra shells.

And if you constantly provide them with shells they will get very large actually to point they need large turbo snail shells about golfball size.

Eventually they need a new shell.

Don't ever buy the cheesy painted ones....chemicals can leach into the water. Keep it natural

bearjew said:
Don't ever buy the cheesy painted ones....chemicals can leach into the water. Keep it natural

Dependent on where you live, go to the beach and go find some! Just wash them reallllly well with steamy hot water

Jacobsal91 said:
Dependent on where you live, go to the beach and go find some! Just wash them reallllly well with steamy hot water

Well we sell them at the pet store I work at and I know they're super clean and natural. The problem is that he's really tiny and I can't find a size that wouldn't be huge for him after he grows out of his current shell

Back
Top Bottom