hermit shells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
where is a good place to get empty hermit crab shells for dwarf hermits and how come 3 of my zebra dwarf hermits are so freakin big like 2 inches they are the kings of the hernit world in my tank lol

liveaquaria.com sells some empty shells, but I've read on different posts that the shells were small and pretty much a waste

You can get shells at Walmart or any craft store...just make sure that they are not painted or have that shiny clear coat on them....just boil them for a few minutes to kill any bacteria on them and you should be set hth

Like ClamKnuckle said, Walmart has bags of different size shells in the craft section.
They are dirt cheap- and the bags are sorted into small shell bags, medium shell bags, and large shell bags.
My hermits have lived in almost every shell I have added from my Walmart collection.

empty shells

iv ordered empty shells from liveaquaria.com twice now and have been very pleased. The hermits take to them right away. Plus, as a bonus there are usually a couple crabs tucked away in the "empty" shells.

Back
Top Bottom