Hey everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramgirl1228

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! Signed up a couple of days ago. I currently have a 16gallon with a couple of blue rams, 1 bolivian ram, a red fire dwarf gourami and a rainbow shark. I am going to be getting a 55gallon set up in a couple weeks and wanted some suggestions and ideas on what to stock in it. I do absolutely love my rams. Not sure if there are maybe some fish that are similar that would be better in the bigger tank. I think I'm definitely gonna move the rainbow shark over just because I think he would be happier in the bigger tank.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing your suggestions and advice

ramgirl1228 said:
Hi! Signed up a couple of days ago. I currently have a 16gallon with a couple of blue rams, 1 bolivian ram, a red fire dwarf gourami and a rainbow shark. I am going to be getting a 55gallon set up in a couple weeks and wanted some suggestions and ideas on what to stock in it. I do absolutely love my rams. Not sure if there are maybe some fish that are similar that would be better in the bigger tank. I think I'm definitely gonna move the rainbow shark over just because I think he would be happier in the bigger tank.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks and looking forward to hearing your suggestions and advice

You could do :
A pair of blue rams
A pair of bolivian rams
1 dwarf gourami
6 cherry barbs
8 stebai or panda Cories
And a snowball pleco
If you want you can keep the rainbow shark but I think some can be aggressive. Just look out on him! :)

You could do :
A pair of blue rams
A pair of bolivian rams
1 dwarf gourami
6 cherry barbs
8 stebai or panda Cories
And a snowball pleco
If you want you can keep the rainbow shark but I think some can be aggressive. Just look out on him! :)

Hey! Thanks. I looked into the list you suggested and actually really like that stock list a lot. So far (knocking on wood over here) my rainbow -AKA Diabl - is probably the most peaceful fish in the tank so far. I've never seen him even chase any of his tank mates. He kinda just mosies around and does his own thing. Hopefully he keeps that attitude. He's been in the tank about a month now.

Back
Top Bottom