Hey Guys...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rae-Ray

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Guys,
I'm new to this Aquarium thing and finding it quite expensive but all's ok.
Our water here is very soft. I bought a hagen water tester kit @ 99$ so I could test GH and KH because ph was always ending up very low. The test strips said I had hard water but the liquid chemical test said otherwise.
I need to raise GH and KH. I bought equilibrium and this fixed my low GH. I am being told to buy a Alkalinity Buffer to raise KH. Is there a cheaper way to do this ???
to all my Aquarium friends,
Rae Ray

Hey Guys,
I'm new to this Aquarium thing and finding it quite expensive but all's ok.
Our water here is very soft. I bought a hagen water tester kit @ 99$ so I could test GH and KH because ph was always ending up very low. The test strips said I had hard water but the liquid chemical test said otherwise.
I need to raise GH and KH. I bought equilibrium and this fixed my low GH. I am being told to buy a Alkalinity Buffer to raise KH. Is there a cheaper way to do this ???
to all my Aquarium friends,
Rae Ray

Can I ask why you are trying to raise your GH and KH? For most fish that we keep in our tanks most GH and KH levels are fine and stability of parameters is significantly more important. Usually I say don't mess with your tank chemistry unless you absolutely have to since it is typically a losing battle.

Back
Top Bottom