Hi everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miss cruz

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey i have a new tank its been left for three weeks an all our water tests are fine we purchased two hermit crabs today red hermits an i got a good few bigger shells for them they are just getting used to the surroundings if there any particular care they need ?

Hey, jut make sure to drop some food in every once an awhile and there good to go. Inverts are more sensitive to water quality also. :)

Aw nice one :) they seem happy ! One is curretly cleaning the other haha

Are they aquatic freshwater hermit crabs???

Ohh ok yeah I don't have any experience with marine tanks sadly...but yah you should deffinatley add some shells for them to be able to change into if they want to...I have land hermit crabs and I'm assuming they aren't to much different

Aww lovely what do you feed them ? I read they eat pretty much anything was thinking of getting them some shrimp tmro ? :) they seem to be settling in anyway was worried incase they where stressed as theyve only been in the tank for a few hours one already has his eye on a shell ha ha

Umm I feed mine the some hermit crab food...what size tank do you have...and if you post this in the saltwater section you might get more help lol

i just started my 5.5 gallon nano reef and when its cycled i will be buying these shells for my hermits they are so cool!!
img_2572161_0_c04bd71b32225d68a5b96da3c98921df.jpg

Make sure to add smaller shells or else the might kill your snails for there shells :eek: and I love shrimp but if you have a nano (25 and under) only add one cleaner shrimp :)

Haha im gonna get a glass shell mine will be proper beefy soon with all the shell selection ha ha ahh no worries im going the fish place tmro to get more shells so ill talk to the guy :)

Me too mines climbing to the top of the live rock now love them :)

By the way, if you see something that looks like a hermits body but the back is clear or busted, then no worries, it molted not dead. Lol

No prob, mine gave me a mini heart attack by doing that Xp what's your plan stock for your tank?

Going to get some coral dancing shrimp an a maroon clown fish well two i like to get two of each so it has a friend haha

Going to get some coral dancing shrimp an a maroon clown fish well two i like to get two of each so it has a friend haha

Cool,Maroon are larger an more aggressive though, an territorial. I would go with a smaller clown for those reason as they could harass the shrimp to death :/ live aquaria has an awesome fish selection to give you some ideas on stocking

Back
Top Bottom