Hi, I'm Lauren

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rhpsgroupie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, my name is Lauren. Let me start by saying that I've been reading these forums for a while now, and finally decided to go ahead register to become a member.. I got into the hobby about a year and a half ago when my dad got sick from diabetes and became bed ridden and started dialysis and he was in and out of the hospital and couldn't care for his tank like he used to. At the time he had a 40 gallon breeder tank with a few community fish and 1 angelfish in there. Well.. I soon moved back home to help take care of him and was intrigued by the fact that after I started feeding his fish and caring for them that his angelfish would always come to the front of the tank if I was near but it wouldn't do that for anyone else, like it thought of me as the momma that it knew was going to feed them. I fell in love with caring for them but didn't know much about what I was doing at the time, but after a lot of reading and taking advantage of all of the helpful information available. I've learned a lot and have increased not only the amount of fish that we have but also the size and amount of tanks we have. Fast forward a year and a half later to now... My dad, and all of his fish from his original 40 gallon tank are still with us, which we are very thankful for. Although, my big Goldie's are MY babies! ;)

Back
Top Bottom