Hi, i'm Wendy. I have been reading forum posts for a while, but just joined a couple

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendy fm

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a ten gallon tank that's been set up for about six months and seems to be well cycled. It is a fresh water set up. I started with a five gallon I have limited experience as an adult. When I was a teen I had a ten gallon fresh water tank. With tiger barbs, sword tails a Kissing gourami and an Aquatic frog. It seemed easy to keep the tank running then.
It was a lot different this time. I don't remember cycling my first tank and so just set up this one and went with it. I test my water once a week and all my parameters are good and have been from the beginning,but I will admit that I have lost fish. Going from a five gallon to a ten gallon has helped and things have been stable for the last four months. I now have three sword tails, one Panda Cory,and another dark Cory and One Molly,I had started out with three Molly,but lost two the one I have now was a bit of a bully. I got the three sword tails after I lost the two Molly. After reading a bit I realize that I really need a twenty gallon tank, which I will be getting in the fall. I want these guys stay stable for a while before I move them.IMG_0159.jpg

Welcome to the community. I agree though as a kid when I had tanks they seemed easy now as an adult I may over think a lot of things making things a lot more difficult sometimes but there is always a solution to every problem. When I joined here I didn't thought I was just going to do a lot reading but everyone was very welcoming and willing to help me though some of my issues I was having. Looks like you got a nice 10g set up going though. Sorry for your losses along the way but there is always something to learn from them. A 20g tank is going to open a whole new world of possibilities especially a 20g long tank. Feel free to ask any questions or join in on any conversations

Hi! I admit I was a little startled when I read the title of your post--my name is also Wendy. Nice to meet you!

Back
Top Bottom