Hi there - lights??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skid_katie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a small 5 gallon (24lt) tank and wondered if there are any restrictions on lights or advice on the appropriate size LED/W to use - have 3 minnows/2 platys & 2 snails! Tia x

Welcome - if you post a thread in the freshwater planted section you will get more replies. For myself and assuming no plants, any store stock light should be fine. You won't need much light to light 5gal.

As delapool said you dont need much for a 5g. But if you wanted to step up to led. Finnex makes the planted plus and stingray in a clip on version. Ive seen these light grow some nice plants on a 5g.

Sweet. Looks nice. Theres a white light too?

no unfortunately it's a quite bright blue moon light the white i think is just reflection or day light (not sure!) ideally wanted just white light but this blue one will only come on in the evening for a few hours when i do a full tank lean i'm gonna reposition it else where to see what it's like! starting to enjoy this fish keeping lark !!

Back
Top Bottom