Hi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brous83

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have just upgraded from a 20 gallon to a 60 gallon. In the twenty gallon I was able to grow a 8inch algae eate. I get the 60 going with a 75 filter and after 48 hours I put her in.got a peacock eel. 3 sm bala sharks and three green small tiger barbs. Then I got greedy and added 10 fish in 48 hours. Did I kill all my fish except 2 bala sharks and two green tiger barbs? I'm trusting petsmart fish. Could it be possible the fish were sick? Please help. I don't want to quit this I love laying on my couch watching the tank. Thanks in advance

Sorry. I am 34 married male. Retired SSG from US Army. I have 4 daughters. This is what I want to be my hobby

Thanks for your support. So up date is I added a double bubble pump and the fish are swimming happily. Water is not fully clear yet so I will post a pick when it is crystal. Thanks for the support. I'm a stay at home dad with ptsd but for some reason the fish calm me down. I also play Frankie valley pandora in the background. I am so happy these fish are thriving now.

Welcome to AA, and thanks for your service!
Do you test your water?
More information would help us give you an answer, if you don't I would highly recommend you get an API master test kit.
They are a bit expensive, but last for a long time.
I think the addition of the fish overwhelmed your tanks ability to deal with the ammonia and nitrite produced, research the nitrogen cycle if you need to and feel free to ask questions.
Lots of knowledge in this forum!

Sent from my N9130 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom