High Fin Platy not looking so hot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilikefishes

Aquarium Advice Freak
I had two High Fin Platys in my tank. The one died in the first couple weeks I bought them, and I bought them in january.

Now the other is not eating, not being social like usual, and not at the water's surface swimming back and forth like she usually does. My parameters were all good, except for a nitrate imbalance which I've taken care of.

But for the past week, she's been very inactive. There are no physical signs of disease. I don't have a qt to put her in, and I'm worried. Maybe she's just stressed? I have two other platy's that never seem to have taken interest in her either, but the two are always together.

Any thoughts?

Forgot to mention i've been dosing ich attack for two weeks. My betta still has tomites on his fins.

I found her dead this morning in my ludwigia. It looks like when she died the other fish, decided to tear her apart. I wish I knew what happened to her. She wasn't that old. But then again. I remember properly now that she was always socially awkward. She might have been diseased from the start. I'm a little bit sad, but at the same time, relieved that now she can finally be normal. All creatures on earth, including those frisky little livebearers, are needed in heaven :p

Back
Top Bottom