High mesh salt water compatible filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxamillion

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am looking to raise clownfish in the near-ish future (once my pair matures). I want to plumb it into my existing system, to get that added stability and all around food supply (less maintenance etc.) So I need to find some small mesh filter to draw water through to go to my sump, but leave the small clownfish in the tank (and so that it wont harm them). Does anyone know where I can get such a thing, it would obviously have to be made of some type of cloth or plastic.

Thanks so much everyone!
-Max

oh, also the bigger size the better, I would like to have a larger surface area to compensate for the water flow (I dont want a high mesh filter thats small, other wise the fish will just get sucked to it and die... :( )

Im not sure if i understand what your using it for....what about fiberglass screen for windows and doors that kinda stuff?

Ok, so normally in a tank you have the overflow going to the sump. But with water flow and really small fish I am sure I will end up with all my baby clownfish in the sump, where they will already **most likely** be dead.

So I want to find some sort of filter that I can make that would extend the entire length of a tank, to minimize the flow rate in any one area, and to keep the really small fish from getting out.

I was think around like 100-150 mesh filter.

Back
Top Bottom