Hikari Algae Wafers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jetstorm369

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do Hikari algae wafers eventually dissolve? I put one too many, and now it's lost its shape and is scattered in little pieces. Will they eventually dissolve? :( thanks guys.

They do. It's a good idea to siphon it out if you can. Half gallon water change isn't so bad. I never feed more that about a 5th of a wafer at a time but I only have a 20 gallon and I still needed to remove some of it yesterday. lol

I love Hikari algae wafers by the way. They're the best.

They do. It's a good idea to siphon it out if you can. Half gallon water change isn't so bad. I never feed more that about a 5th of a wafer at a time but I only have a 20 gallon and I still needed to remove some of it yesterday. lol

I love Hikari algae wafers by the way. They're the best.

Do you know how long it'll take? Cause its almost been a week lol Thank you by the way.

Jetstorm369 said:
Do you know how long it'll take? Cause its almost been a week lol Thank you by the way.

I've never had an algae wafer last that long. LOL. My snails, CAE's & Bettas all eat on them. I use Omega & they're gone in less than 30 minutes usually.

Any food that you still see half a day after you add it to the tank should be removed. Sometimes all you have to do is use a small fish net to take it out. Other times you'll need to siphon it out. All it'll do if left in the tank is rot and foul the water. Yuck

Back
Top Bottom