Honey gourami help..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bisqueshoppe

Aquarium Advice Regular
His name is Mango. We have had him 2 months and 3 days. Lately he has turned pale almost white you can barely see orange on his tips anymore. He has become bloated he was always a little chunky but now he is just big. His scales are sort of triangular and poking out. His eyes are sad. He use to play in my hand and touch me with his tentacles eat from my hand I could tell he loved me. Now he runs away at he sight of me. If I put food near him he will freak out and run to the bottom or opposite side of tank and play dead until I walk away. No one picks on him he has plenty of space and hiding areas. What on earth could be wrong. 20170915_204207.jpg

Thank you so much. He died today about 2pm. Everything in that article was exact. We never knew anything about this. I will never buy another he was my little love. We have 5 bettas they have had no trouble I hope they don't end up with problems.

Research "Dropsy" it's usually a symptom of an intestinal bacterial, parasitic or even internal organ dysfunctions. Bloating, protruding scales are classic signs of Dropsy. Sorry for your loss.

I have already tackled dropsy with two guppies. I hate when little ones get sick. But I have learned a lot and still have a ways to go. Thank you all for the condolences.

Back
Top Bottom