Hospital tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

El_fishman616

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up a hospital tank and I have decide how to try my fish when need. Like to know what you guys do when you have a sick fish and also when you buy one from the pet store. To me my biggest waste has not been sick fish but fish I buy from the pet store that just die on me after a couple of days or week. What do you guys use in the treatments

I just set up a hospital tank and I have decide how to try my fish when need. Like to know what you guys do when you have a sick fish and also when you buy one from the pet store. To me my biggest waste has not been sick fish but fish I buy from the pet store that just die on me after a couple of days or week. What do you guys use in the treatments
Well first its not just sick fish but all new fish should go into the qt. When you bring home a new fish they should be dripped with water from whatever tank there going into for at least 1 1/2 to two hours. Is this a new setup is the tank cycled what are you water parameters. As for treatments there are many it depends on whats wrong with the fish.

Some people run their QT tank at Hyposalinity levels, figuring that it will take care of stuff like Ich for new additions. Ive also heard of people doing freshwater dips to any new additions prior to putting them in QT, but after drip acclimation. I am going to start doing that, but usually do not treat unless there are signs of something.

My water level have been consistent but at the same time their are times where I do water change once a week or every two week depending on how busy I been as well.

Back
Top Bottom