Houdini fish or eaten?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sarah E

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had anywhere from 15-20 feeder guppies (ranging from 1/4 inch to 1 inch in length) in my 10 Gallon (I'm feeding them off) tank. I put my two Albino Corys Catfish in the tank, and everyone seemed happy as can be! Well, I went back 9 or so hours later and only two of my feeder guppies were left.

I didn't remove them/move them, and I'm the only one who works with my tanks (my little brother looks at the tanks, but the only thing he would have done with them is... eat them himself.... and I don't think he did... LOL) so I'm trying to figure out what happened.

From what I've heard, Corys Catfish are great fish to have with other fish, as they stick to the bottom and leave the others alone... Could it be possible that my Corys (even though I fed them that morning) devoured my little feeder guppies?

The feeder guppies were not meant to be eaten by the corys just to let you know, they were for my snake... LOL

Could they have been sucked into the filter intake ?

I agree that your corys are not a good candidate for killers. The filter intake, jumping, or hungry brother are all better options. Were the corys new? Did you just buy them, or just transfer them from a differnt tank that you own?
IME, feeders are good jumpers.

They were hiding!!!! I went back this morning and every single one of them were there! I'm telling you, those feeders are sneaky! ;)

Yes, the corys are new, and new to this tank. I had originally had them with a few others, but put them in my 10 G after a little while. :) Everyone's happy and swimming around.

Corys are clowns! I went to check on them today and one of my peppered corries was ontop of my mossball!

Back
Top Bottom