House got fumigated for 2 days. Need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calikid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I covered my 20 gallon fish tank. When i got back home 1 fish was dead and 2 more are slowly dying. Do i have to dump out all the water and do a fresh restart? Any help thanks

On the basis it's such a short time frame it would seem prudent to associate the deaths with the fumigation.

For now just do a large water change and see if your fish move on.

If they don't I'd seriously suggest doing a complete wipe of your tank, get rid of the substrate, drain the water, clean the filter and clean the glass etc.

Could also ask the fumigators details on if the poison dissolves over time etc.

On the basis it's such a short time frame it would seem prudent to associate the deaths with the fumigation.

For now just do a large water change and see if your fish move on.

If they don't I'd seriously suggest doing a complete wipe of your tank, get rid of the substrate, drain the water, clean the filter and clean the glass etc.

Could also ask the fumigators details on if the poison dissolves over time etc.

Ok i'll try your suggestion.

Could it be that I had the fish tank light off for 2 days? 1 fish is still living.

in my opinion the light being off is unlikely to hurt any fish. I leave my light off by accident sometimes or my housemate doesn't remember for days and it never seems to affect much in my 29 FW planted tank.

Fumigation chemicals are designed to kill, I think it seems very likely to have seeped into your tank in some amount enough to cause damage.

If I were in your place (I am no expert by any means) I would set up a separate tank for the living fish and observe him and keep his water fresh daily without using your old filter.

Sorry about the lost ones, so sad!!

Back
Top Bottom