how any fish should i add at once?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
well i just added 2 BN plecos, 3 zebra botias, and 2 yo yo loaches to my tank. i have 7 rummy nose tetras in QT together and i was hoping to add them tommorrow, but i'm wondering am i adding too many fish at once if i'm doing this? that'd be 14 new fish in a week

it's a 92 gallon corner tank and the cycle has been established for some time

You will be fine. 7 rummys isn't a very big bioload. As long as the tank is cycled, you will be fine. Just wait at least a week or 2 before you add any more after that.

Assuming you have other fish in the tank besides what you have listed above, these fish additions do not represent a major percentage increase in your bioload? That should be ok. By saying the cycle was done for some time, I kinda assumed you had other fish in the tank. In a well established tank, assuming that you have not overstocked or have other issues, your biofilter should be very efficient at responding to increases in bioload, and a 92 gal tank that is well established would be expected to handle 7 to 10 inches of fish per week with no problems.

ONe of the great things about larger tanks, is that if you plan carefully, after a few months you can buy your schooling fish all at once without fear of outpacing your biofilter.

Back
Top Bottom