How do I clean my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldfishhelp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We've had this 10 G tank for about 7mos. We have been doing regular water changes, but now there seems to be debris accumulated in the gravel. Also the walls are starting to get spotty. Is there a trick to cleaning, I am dreading having to move fish to clean it out thouroughly. Thanks!

We've had this 10 G tank for about 7mos. We have been doing regular water changes, but now there seems to be debris accumulated in the gravel. Also the walls are starting to get spotty. Is there a trick to cleaning, I am dreading having to move fish to clean it out thouroughly. Thanks!

Mag float scrubbers

Vacuuming is definitely an important part of aquarium maintenance. Thankfully it's very easy and should become part of your weekly partial water change schedule. For a 10g you could use something like this:

Amazon.com: biOrb Cleaner Pump: Pet Supplies

All you need to do is squeeze the pump a few times to get it started and it starts sucking out water right away! Then you just need to jam it into your gravel and all of the nooks and crannies to suck out the waste. You'll be amazed at how dirty it gets down there! As far as algae and things on your tank walls goes the easiest way is just to scrub them off yourself. You can do this with a simple sponge (just make sure it hasn't been in contact with soap before) or there are many products like magnetic cleaners that are very handy and affordable. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom