How do I Disinfect?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitebutterflykoiyoung

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a empty 49 gal tank, that (had) has a white wormys that appear over an over agan. I have washed the tank with sea salt, boiling water. the worms came back after 5-6 months killing my fish. what can be dune to disenfect the tank

any help will great

I have a empty 49 gal tank, that (had) has a white wormys that appear over an over agan. I have washed the tank with sea salt, boiling water. the worms came back after 5-6 months killing my fish. what can be dune to disenfect the tank

any help will great
I would try bleach or vinegar or maybe even a mild disinfectant called Milton or equivalent. It's used to disinfect babies bottles. The ratio, i'm not sure. Maybe someone can come in with that. I'm sure one or all of those would work. Make sure you also do everything else too, filters, heaters, decor, substrate etc etc. Afterwards, give a really good wash/rinse in WARM water, please NEVER, EVER use hot or boiling water. I learned that the hard way, lost a 55g!!!!

Back
Top Bottom