How do i start over & do fishless cycle?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks everyone, I certainly couldn't have done it without the advice that I received here! This is the best fish forum on the net!

Hello, I have sucessfully finished the fishless cycle! YAY!!! Next question is should I do a pwc? I am thinkning about adding a fish of 2 tomorrow. I had some water evaporation and the water is about an inch and a half away from the top of the tank. So I am to fill it up a little bit. I hope that this is ok. Please let me know if I sm doing the right thing.
Thanks scarlett

scarlett said:
Hello, I have sucessfully finished the fishless cycle! YAY!!! Next question is should I do a pwc? I am thinkning about adding a fish of 2 tomorrow. I had some water evaporation and the water is about an inch and a half away from the top of the tank. So I am to fill it up a little bit. I hope that this is ok. Please let me know if I sm doing the right thing.
Thanks scarlett

Do a pwc if your NO3 is over 10ppm and if it is change enough water to get it down to or just under 10ppm..

I did not do a pwc because the no3 was not high enough.....I am added an albino frog 4 crabs 1 catfish an angel fish and 2 bleeding heart tetras in the last 2 weeks. All is well but I will do the water change if the no3 gets high. If you have any other advice then let me know.

It would be beneficial to do PWC's once a week...30% is usually fine. This especially true since you gotten a couple of ADF's. From this point you can just monitor the NO3 levels...no need to test for NH3 or NO2 unless needed.

Congrats (where are the pics)?

Back
Top Bottom