how do you chatch them?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacheco

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 120g tank with 7 damsels in it with a lot of rock for them to hide. I want to get rid of about 4 of them any suggestions on how to net them????????

Either try to catch them after lights out or remove your rock. Good luck! While you're in there removing rock think long and hard about whether or not you want to keep them long term. Damsels are notoriously agressive fish as a rule. You may not be happy later with your decision to keep the ones that you have.

I agree with Phyl. It took me hours to catch the aggressive damsel in my tank and when he was gone the remaining damsel became just as aggressive. I should have removed them both at the same time. The only way I was able to catch them was to remove all of the live rock which was a royal pain but now I know never to put a damsel in my tank again.

Use 2 nets! One on each side!

or

Set a trap of some sort. My fish eat out of the net, so whenever i dip the net into the water, there is always a fish in there expecting food!

There is a way to catch the damsels w/o messing with your LR aquascape. Get three 50 gal rubbermaid trash cans, suck all the water out of your tank. Save the water. Remove the damsels. Then pump the water you saved back into the tank. :)

i find that if you use a clear plastic bait trap from the tackle shop, put a cube of frozen food inside and most of the tome they will swim right in
if they dont go in on your first attempt, take the food out and leave the bait trap in the tank so they get used to it then try again later..

good luck

Back
Top Bottom