How do you feed frozen food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ursi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I usually pop the cube into a dish with a little tank water and sit it on top of the tank until it defrosts then stick it directly in, how does everyone else do it?

Ursi said:
I usually pop the cube into a dish with a little tank water and sit it on top of the tank until it defrosts then stick it directly in, how does everyone else do it?

I have a small glass that I put a little tank water in & defrost the food in. Then spoon a little into each tank.

Same really.

Small cup of tank water, allow cube to defrost.

Once thawed I turn off my powerhead and drop the entire cube and water into my 50g community.

Once it gets low enough in my tank I turn my powerhead back on.

Jon

I just swoosh it around in the tank untill enough has defrosted off then use the rest in my other tanks untill the cubes gone.

I put the cube and some tank water into a beaker and then heat it to bring it back to tank temp and then just pour it in and watch the frenzy!!

Feed Frozen

Hello U...

I just drop the cubes in the water. No need to thaw them. This way the cube floats for a minute to let the top feeders eat. Then, as the cube melts, it sinks and pieces come loose at different levels in the tank to give the middle swimmers some and eventually, everything sinks so the bottom feeders get their share.

I keep Livebearers and Corydoras and just feed a little frozen variety twice a week. That way, the fish are always looking for leftovers and doing a good job of housekeeping. My tanks stay much cleaner that way.

B

I always wondered how everyone did it, I wasn't sure if the cubes could be put in frozen so I've always defrosted them

I put in a cup of tank water and have a large syringe which i have applied a long nozzle on the end and i can feed each fush.. Almost all will come to grt some .. I use this because i have 2 frogs a marble goby which burrows and sn eel and its very easy to just squirt some bloodworms in there strike zone and watch them feast.. I have even held my frogs in my hand in water and hand fed them both. Ill attach a pic of syringe filled with bloodworms later!

They love it!

Attachments

• image-1559494558.jpg
    image-1559494558.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 63
  • image-2340641703.jpg
    image-2340641703.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 66
i mix my frozen foods with a mix of frozen and dry feeds all the critters

Thank you! I did it mainly besuase of fear my eel and frogs might not get much food. Especially frogs i have heard they do not eat well in larger aquariums so i like to hand feed and this has worked perfect

Back
Top Bottom