how do you guys clean the bottom of the pond?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds Great. Make sure you do some good welding joints, and I wouldnt use such small gravel, maybe 2-3" round gravel at least. Other than that, sounds like an awesome design. The cooling system is going to be the only problem, unless you either have a lot of money to buy one already made up for you, or somehow try to use an old refrigerator cooling system and engineer it into the welded frame? Unless you have a better idea? That sounds like a toughy.

Just A Thought...

hi i built mine out of railroad tie 6 by 12 4feet deep staked one row on top of the other and spiked together 4 rows high and went in the ground about 8 inches layered the inside with 1 inch foam put vinyl siding on the outside looks great . the wife thought it was not going to come out right but likes the way it looks now and put a thick shag carpet under the liner on the ground, just make sure you stager the joints on the rr ties if you plan on doing something like this i figured there is about 1300 gallons in it

no as long as the pond dos not freeze completely over they will last the winter just do not feed them when the water gets below 55 degrees

Back
Top Bottom