How do you maintain stable heat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
My tank fluctuates alot with heat, last night I left my heater off and it got to 76 then when my heater turns on its at 84 and if my heater is off and light is on its at 80. what should I do? I need a heater that only kicks on when its needed. I currently have my heater on a time so when lights go out it turns on but even then my water temp swings 4 degrees at night, What do you guys do?

I have a AqueonPro and it's set at 76-77 so my temp is pretty consistent, 77.6 sometimes in the summer it will hit 78 maybe 79 during the day. I think the little fluctuation I have isn't that bad.

Do you have a heater that you can set? It will only turn on when it calls for it.

I run LEDs so the lights don't effect my tank.

Hope this helps.

I have a AqueonPro and it's set at 76-77 so my temp is pretty consistent, 77.6 sometimes in the summer it will hit 78 maybe 79 during the day. I think the little fluctuation I have isn't that bad.

Do you have a heater that you can set? It will only turn on when it calls for it.

I run LEDs so the lights don't effect my tank.

Hope this helps.

I run a par 38 so I'm sure it heats the water up some. My heater is just set to 78 and can't be adjusted. It kicks on and off I just don't know how the water gets up to 84

CleverBs said:
I run a par 38 so I'm sure it heats the water up some. My heater is just set to 78 and can't be adjusted. It kicks on and off I just don't know how the water gets up to 84

What size tank again? Your pumps will create heat, power heads etc... An the Par38 can throw off some nice heat. Maybe try raising the light? A little desk fan maybe? Clip it on the tank and have it blow across the surface.

You don't wanna have it at 84 degrees. Maybe a different heater.

The one posted in this thread an the zoomed ones both seem fairly loud. Is there anything quiet or adjustable?

Back
Top Bottom