How long do u think Molly will be in labor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kingfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
I been waiting for a while now . Do anyone know how long it would take until my molly lay some baby fishes ? IMG_3357.jpg

How long has she been pregnant? It takes about 30 days from the start of the pregnancy til they give birth ( or at least that's what I've read).
My female is getting pretty big too but it's only been a couple of weeks.

Wow that thing looks ready to blow any day now.

Should I pop it hahaha. I bought it in a fish store and I learn about mollies . I’m sure it’s 2 and a half weeks pregnant not 100% sure but the she’s looking fat now

Your Molly

I been waiting for a while now . Do anyone know how long it would take until my molly lay some baby fishes ? View attachment 312438

Hello King...

Livebearing females can delay dropping the fry until they feel water conditions are right for the fry's survival. To encourage the female, do a bit larger than normal water change and make the water slightly warmer than normal. I would add a teaspoon of standard aqaurium salt to every five gallons of replacement water. The combination of pure water conditions and a little salt to help ease the stress on the female should encourage her to drop the fry.

B

Hello King...

Livebearing females can delay dropping the fry until they feel water conditions are right for the fry's survival. To encourage the female, do a bit larger than normal water change and make the water slightly warmer than normal. I would add a teaspoon of standard aqaurium salt to every five gallons of replacement water. The combination of pure water conditions and a little salt to help ease the stress on the female should encourage her to drop the fry.

B

Mine is always 82 F and I changed the water 2 days ago

My molly is getting fat . No baby’s yet . Hopefully this week or weekend

Back
Top Bottom