How many angels.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rlavassor86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How many angels can be kept in 72 gal bow. I started with 3 domestic silver juveniles and recently adopted 6 adults. 2 streaked double dark 2 veiled marble and 2 koi. Also have 3 platy 3 swords 3 clown loaches( will be re homed when get larger) 3 Julii Cory and a comm. pleco about 6 inch. I can trade in fish at my LFS for store credit if I need to. I'm wanting to add some bolivian rams but have a feeling I may be over stocked already. So if I have to make room I will but would like some opinions from someone other than the idiots at the LFS.

9 angels in a 72g is alot. I keep 12 in a 220g very heavily planted. Personally 6 would be the limit IMO and you might have to do less depending on how things turn out when they begin pairing up. Another factor is the do better if there are alot of plants to help break up the line of sight from one end of the tank to the other. Having an Amazon sword or two is appreciated as that is about the most favorite place for angels to lay (at least in my tank).

I'd take the pleco in for credit. If you want a pleco see about getting a bristlenose pleco as they stay small and would be perfect for your size tank. You need to up your amount of Cory Cats to 6 as they do better in groups of that size or larger. If you get rid of the big pleco you can easily add your rams with no problem.

Rivercats said:
9 angels in a 72g is alot. I keep 12 in a 220g very heavily planted. Personally 6 would be the limit IMO and you might have to do less depending on how things turn out when they begin pairing up. Another factor is the do better if there are alot of plants to help break up the line of sight from one end of the tank to the other. Having an Amazon sword or two is appreciated as that is about the most favorite place for angels to lay (at least in my tank).

I'd take the pleco in for credit. If you want a pleco see about getting a bristlenose pleco as they stay small and would be perfect for your size tank. You need to up your amount of Cory Cats to 6 as they do better in groups of that size or larger. If you get rid of the big pleco you can easily add your rams with no problem.

I'm actually stopping today after work and getting plants. I'm thinking trade in the 3 silvers at least. They get bullied a bit since the other angels are so much bigger than they are. And was actually thinking about trading the pleco for snails. Or just putting him in my 125 but I've already got a 15-16 inch pleco in there so I'm thinking might be a bad idea.

I also do plan on adding more corys I got stuck at 3 cus the girl at the LFS couldn't seem to catch them. (She was new there) so after they had been closed for half hour she finally gave up.

Or are you saying 10 max with no other fish? All the others are still under an inch and a half

Oh no, you could do your 6 adult angels, 6 cory's, 3 platy's, 3 swords, 3 clown loaches, 1 bristlenose pleco, your pair of rams, and were it me I'd do a school of 6 or the larger tetra's like congo's or maybe 6 Rainbow fish. Either will add a nice touch of color and movement to the tank. Then IMO you'd be full up.

I agree I don't think adding the little pleco in with the big one because if both happened to be males the little one could get bullied really bad.

Back
Top Bottom