How many fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok we'll I have upgraded to a 25 gallon about a week ago and was wondering what new stock I could put into the tank. The current stocking is.

3 mollies

3 Cory catfish.

2 ramshorn snails

3 ghost shrimp.

I was thinking on getting some zebra danios or something similar. But they have to be NONagressive. Fish. And stay relatively small. Thanks

It's a aqua clear 300 and I don't know because I bought the tank and filter from the previous owner. Who also didn't know.

I think that you should add some more of each of what you have, so maybe 2-3 more of each. Then you can add another school of fish, or a pair of centerpiece fish maybe? What is your tap ph?

Last time I checked last month ( I ran out of test things) it was like 6 or 7 somewhere in that number.

Sorry bro, there isn't a aquaclear 300. Maybe you mean 30? Or a 70? The aquaclear 70 has a gph of 300.

the flow on that filter seems to be for up to a 70g tank. I went ahead and filled out an AqAdvisor with the information you provided. You didnt specify what kind of Corys you had, so I just put in Albinos.

AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

Maybe consider adding some more Corys. My understanding is they do better in larger groups. Most people on here recommend at least 6.
Also, here's a link to a site I find helpful when researching fish. Lots of good info.
Aquarium Tropical Fish, Freshwater Fish for the Aquarium, Fish Information and Fish Pictures

Edit: I originally said that the filter had a flow of 70gph. What I SHOULD have said was that it was rated for up to a 70 gallon tank.

Last edited:
Ok thanks and I intended on getting more of the Cory's I have two emerald and one albino. I was thinking of getting a school of maybe 7 zebra danios do you have any suggestions as a centerpiece for the tank.

Back
Top Bottom