How many people go fishing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I release! I would feel so guilty is I ate an animal that I keep as a pet! It's like if you have a dog and you pick up a stray dog and eat him...... Not the best comparison, but you get the point! :)

I never keep, but my grandparents will keep what they catch and cook it up for dinner almost everyday.

Yep, trout mostly. Barbless and only ultralight gear (1lb leader, etc.) Because I like the fight :). If it's got good color/size I'll keep it, otherwise I toss it back for a kid to catch.

I go for Striped bass. All the time. Mostly release but that's because it has to be 28" to keep. And that's only happens once in a while. But I would keep and eat.

Absolutely! I lake, river and ocean fish, and have been since I was little. I have caught trout, char, ling, salmon, halibut, red snapper, crab, prawns, various rock cod, dog shark, english sole.... and I eat it all :D

Haven't been out in years but just renewed my license today and getting the tackle box out of storage tomorrow. Now I just need some time off to get out! :)

Striped Bass fish'n and I keep em all cuz I catch slobs and Large Mouth Bass and I release everything that isn't trophy size which is 6 lbs and up over here. I got a 6 lb, 8 lb and a 9 lb mounted.

i love to go fishing,i dont eat them,but i clean them,and we give them to my pepe.i fish for anything that bites.my family gos upnorth once a year,and for most of it im either fishing or exploring.

I'm from the northwest! We live on salmon, crab and clam chowder...what can I say, it's the best!! And why wouldn't you eat fish? They are soooo good for you!

I fish...When I got to Alaska I keep the grayling and release everything else, rainbow trout are too beautiful to eat!

In the Sea of Cortez I keep only the occasional Bonito or sea bass...I don't need to keep 50 pound Dorado and end up throwing 90% of it away.

Quite sad to see how corrupt the fishing industry on the Sea of Cortez is...people bringing fishing trawlers taking thousands of Dorado, Tuna and Marlin when the limits are waaay lower, even with a 50,000 dollar commercial permits. And I doubt these guys have permits, either.

Sea of Cortez is a must visit place for anyone who loves fish and the ocean. The reefs are pretty intact, but I see less whale sharks and marlin every time I go.

I love fly fishing. I catch some native, wild trout here in the Smoky Mountains. (Can't wait for Troutfest this weekend!) However, I really spend most of my time going for Smallies and Cats. I only keep fish once a year: 4th of July.

I pier fish, surf fish, lake fish, waterway fish, well u get the point!!!!!! I fish wherever there is fish! Most of the time I release the FW fish but the SW fish I keep!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom