how many times have you had ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How many times have you had ich?

• Only once

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 2-3

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 4-6

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 7-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than 10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never had it!

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just curious as to how many people have faced the dreaded ich and how you fought it

ive never had it and my fingers are crossed i never have to deal with it

Myself? Never, but then again I try to stay above 86 degrees and I eat a lot of salty foods.

=P

I've run into ich twice, one recently with a large fish farm order and the other a few years ago with a purchase from petsmart. Both times did the heat/salt method to fix it right up.

Myself? Never, but then again I try to stay above 86 degrees and I eat a lot of salty foods.

=P

I've run into ich twice, one recently with a large fish farm order and the other a few years ago with a purchase from petsmart. Both times did the heat/salt method to fix it right up.

haha i lol'ed on that one...

=P

:D - I needed that, thanks!

Have had it twice, both times when I was still very new to the hobby. Treated once with meds and lost entire tank, treated second time with heat/salt method and it cured the tank. Now that I know how to do proper maintenance and quarantine and what to look for, I no longer worry about the dreaded ich.

Once, lost two hatchetfish in the sad process :'( some of my fish couldnt take the eat, and i ha plants so i didnt want to use salt either. Uses some organic natural meds and it was solved! Quite a stressful process though

bruinsbro1997 said:
Once so far. Once you get it you learn your lesson that you should prevent it do it doesn't happen again.

I agree, but i dont have space for a quarentine tank! :'( so i just hope for the best! I know...its terrible...

Twice, two separate tanks. Accidentally infected the second tank from the first! Treated with heat only both times. Lost 5 out of 7 rainbow fish the first time and no fish the second time.

As far as I can remember I think it has been twice. Once years ago either in my 20 gal or my 10. Not sure. And then recently in my 10 gal in my dorm. But I suspect that was cause my roommate bought some fish for the tank and was probably from them.

Once. I set the temps to 86*F and let it stay there for two weeks after the last white spot disappeared. I was young and dumb... didn't QT my new additions from a LFS and ended up wiping out half my stock. Lesson learned and I now have a dedicated QT tank.

Twice. Introduced a black Moore with it, he did die but my goldfish made it through. The second time I knew I should've quarantined the new neons but I didn't. Lost all the neons, my huge angel, and my Pleco.

Once, my very first tank was a 10 gallon. I had no idea how to start a tank, had never heard of cycling and just listened to the employee at Petco tell me "It's ok. You can setup the tank when you get home, an just acclimate the fish." :(

Within a week, all the fish had ich. I went back and they gave me some meds which turned everything blue. All 3 fish died the next day. It was very saddening, and when I look back at it now, I want to beat myself up for being sooooo stupid.

Since then, I've been good.

Back
Top Bottom