How many times should I feed and how much ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coozle

Aquarium Advice Regular
Blue Rams and 20 tetras. I usually feed it flakes but I'm planning on getting frozen worms and pellets. How many times should I feed and how much, I hear as much as they can eat in 5 minutes, do I put alot of food and wait for 5 minutes?

I would do little bits at a time spread out 2-3 times per day. You generally don't want anything left to hit the bottom of the tank where it can go bad and cause spikes in your parameters. I give flakes most of the time, and feed blood worms and brine shrimp once or twice per week as a treat. I feed small pinches at a time for about two minutes every 8 hours or so. This is just my personal routine, i'm sure others can add more to it.

I've varied between feeding my fish daily and feeding them every other day. I used to feed them flakes, but since that's bad for my bettas (causes bloating), I stopped using them. Right now, I rotate between freeze dried bloodworms, tubifex worms, mysis shrimp, and brine shrimp. I soak them for a bit before feeding it to them so they sink, letting all the fish get to the food, and to reduce the risk of bloating to my bettas.

I feed once per day in the amount they can consume in 60-80 seconds. I also skip feeding once a week on water change day to help with digestion. Remember fish will be healthier being underfed rather than overfed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom