How Much Flow from a SunSun/Polar 303b Spraybar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeb6294

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just got my new 75g finished and fired everything up. How much flow should I be getting out of the spray bar? I know it’s supposed to flow 370gph, but the spray bar is just making a ripple on the surface.

1. It’s the spray bar it came with, ~14” long. Do I need to. Make it shorter?
2. I had some dish scrubbers in the HOB on the other tank so I put those (4) and a few handfuls of gravel from the old tank in the very bottom of the filter to jump start the bacteria and break up the flow per some of the YouTube videos I’ve seen. Is that too much stuff down there?
3. When I did a water change on the other tank, I filled the new filter with water from it, purged the filter, and rocked it back and forth until there were no more bubbles in the hoses.

I’d post a picture, but you can’t really see anything because I just filled it and it’s got those tiny air bubbles everywhere

Did you shorten the hose on the output? Removing the excess will help improve flow to the tank, the pump doesn’t have to work as hard.

Did you get all of the air bubbles out of the filter. I always have to rock mine a bit to work the bubbles out.

The spray bar diffuses the flow. If you want it strong, short the spray bar or remove it.

Back
Top Bottom