How often to feed coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauramichelle

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have coral which primarily use light for food, but it's recommended to feed as well. I'm feeding them the plankton stuff. I spot feed every other day, 2 mls total. (I have a 20 gal) Is this too much? To often? Not enough? Thank you
Red War
Zoa
Ricordea
Green Monti
Red Plate Monti
Mushroom
Candy Cane

I have not target fed my corals in almost 14 yrs now. They get all they need from the lighting and water column. You can see what my corals look like when you click on my link in my sig.

Hi Melosu. I didn't see a link, but I did see your list. Wow! Ok, so I shouldn't worry so much about additional feeding then. Got it.
Here's my humble little tank

image-2321929110.jpg

I also don't feed my corals with the exception of my duncan. :) That one I try to feed mysis every few days cause it looks really neat. lol

I only feed my ducan and my dendros my ducan once a week my dendros about every other day.

with proper lighting you should not need to feed your corals, they get all their nuricment from the light and the plankton floatign around in the water, but alot light to add products like marine snow or some stuff like that if there is not enough floating plankton

And I know some people that feed individual corals or their tank and I`m not saying that is wrong. I`ve just found that in my situation that it is not necessary.

Cool! I guess I worry too much. Lol. I just don't wish to hurt or starve any of them. Thank you

I add marine snow to my tank once and awhile, though I'm not overly concerned about it. The only thing that I truely feed are my duncans. I feed them every other day if they are in the mood to eat. Sometimes a crab will get close and they'll close up.

I drop in phytoplex every other day when I feed my fish. My corals are stunning and grow like crazy. I never target feed.

Back
Top Bottom