how to breed crystal red shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

livefishguy124

Aquarium Advice FINatic
how would i go about breeding crs, i have a 30 gallon aquarium i could use.
care
breeding
tank setup
water parameters

Let me first ask you if you have any experience with shrimps at all?

no none i have marbled crays, i have wanted to for a long time but they are very expensive but if i can make money of the babies than i will get some

Crystal red shrimp need pristine water quality and pretty set parameters for breeding and thriving. Not a beginner shrimp IMO. I haven't kept any. Cherry shrimp on the other hand are pretty hardy and can breed and thrive in a wider range of hardness, ph.etc. I love mine and if you want to try shrimp out I recommend them.

Werent you gonna use this tank to cash in on plants??? Or is this a different 30gl??? Or both???

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i know me to, just figuring out what to do, i'm leaning heavy towards shrimp, i may try cherry red shrimp, and finding a high grade and breeding them.

Yes and no. Depends on your dedication to producing quality shrimp. Proper culling, tank maintenance, etc... Can all lead to this. Then you have to ensure proper transportation. But yes yoy can. Breeding fish and propogating plants for the skrilla, is not as easy as it may first seem.

Just remember, getting it to have babies and propee breeding are 2 completely different thing.

Of course.... Dont get me wrong. Im all for more/ deeper interest in the hobby. And with good care, and proper technique you can make some/all of your investment back!? its just a longer tougher road than most expect at first. And alot of people leave that out. Id rather someone know what there in for so they are ready for the trials...

Before jumping into CRS, start with some neocaridina (red cherry, yellow, snow ball, etc) to get you going and learn how to get pristine water. And then, you can go over to the Caridina species..

TheresaM is very knowledgeable with shrimps.. Perhaps she can chime in and give some advice.

Also, planetinverts have some very useful info.

Before jumping into CRS, start with some neocaridina (red cherry, yellow, snow ball, etc) to get you going and learn how to get pristine water. And then, you can go over to the Caridina species..

TheresaM is very knowledgeable with shrimps.. Perhaps she can chime in and give some advice.

Also, planetinverts have some very useful info.

OK i will start with some thing easy and move up, maybe start with some higher quality shrimp and selectively breed them to get painted fire red shrimp

That sounds awsome, dude. Let us know how it goes.

OK i will start with some thing easy and move up, maybe start with some higher quality shrimp and selectively breed them to get painted fire red shrimp
The higher grade CRS, the harder they are to keep/breed. Just FYI.

Cherry reds are common. If you are able to find other colours like yellow, or snowballs. It would be a nice start and to have something different. :)

Good luck!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

There are lots of neo varieties available that all have the same basic care requirements. I currently have fire red, red rili, orange sakura, and blue dream.

Back
Top Bottom