How to lower temperature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 37g reef tank and was checking in on everything and noticed the temp is 80-82°F on both thermometers. Does anyone know ways to lower it? My bulbs may be the problem, they are 10,000k T5 coral lifes.

Thanks

You can also freeze plastic bottles of water and float them in your tank to lower the temperature temporarily until you find a more permanent solution.

Power heads and circulating pumps contribute to heat. If water temp goes down by 4 deg at night you can either leave just one circulating pump during the day or you can stabilize it by cranking up heater to be close to day time temp.

How long are you running the lights? Also, what is the temp prior to the lights turning on?

The lights are on 10 hours a day, and i really havent seen a difference in the temp when lights are off, my heater is a 150W ehiem jagger
Can you set the temp of the heater lower? Based on your answer I doubt your lights are the problem. As far as fan placement goes; anywhere you can mount it and have max air flow across the surface of the water (convection).

Back
Top Bottom