how to mix/dose potassium chloride

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooth_cannibal

Aquarium Advice Activist
kind have noticed my plants aren't growing the best and have been getting some pin holes in my anubias and my wisteria seems to be curling up. my research has pointed to a potassium problem.

read I can just use potassium chloride. saw one thread that said see the sticky for the calculator but the link doesn't work.

would like to know where's a good amount to start with for a 10g with wisteria hornwort anubias java fern anacharis and duckweed

I'm not sure specifically about only dosing potassium chloride as I have only ever used a balanced fert method but here is a calc.

Yet Another Nutrient Calculator

I do know however that the wisteria is a heavy root feeder and will need root tabs.

thanks for the link. people use the no salt stuff for potassium. I went to the store to get some and didn't want to spend 6 bucks on the stuff. Morton had one as well that was cheaper. but it had two types of phosphate in it as well so I didn't buy it.

i could swear I saw that wisteria also was a water column feeder and not a root feeder. annoyed me as I switched over to floramax in my 10g and not getting any root feeding plants. it has been rooting nicely in the floramax though.

i'm planning on doing rescaping in about a month (hopefully all 3 of my tanks) so stuff is going to be moved around so its not really an option for me right now. most if not all the wisteria Is going to go into my 55 here soon.

Have you thought about just doing a dry fert regimen? It'll supply all the nutrients your plants need, is cheap, and covers all your bases for fertilizers.

seems like I just need more potassium in my 10g which is what I am concentrating on now.

my extra bit of money this month is going to getting some fish and maybe a couple plants for my 55g if my heater decides to ever show up. then stick back some money to stock up on ferts. when I get to planting the 55 is when i'll really start to need them as I may go fairly light on the stocking.

Back
Top Bottom