How to move a tank?? Someone save me from myself...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefobsessed

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so I finally ready to lay the hardwood. The furniture is out of the room the only thing left is my tank....Can someone tell me two things. 1st, if I do get the moster tank, if I take the gravel from my ref & my main tank to put in the top of 80 lbs of new sand, how long before I can put my corals in that tank??? 2nd how long can arcos stay healthy without MH??

We have an article here with some helpful tips. The article was originaly intended for FW tanks, but has many parallels to moving a SW tank.

I'm not sure I completely follow your first question.. are you asking that if you put existing substrate on top of new substrate, how long before the water will be safe for corals?

hard to tell, if your move doesn't kick off a new cycle then the water is safe as soon as your sure your not in another cycle and your tests say the water is ok.

I don't have any experience with acros so i can't answer your second question, but I would say the shorter the better. If it's possible, can you set up your tank lights to hang over your temporary containers? I would if you could.

The question with the SPS really has to do with what light source your using. People have kept SPS corals with out MH but they have placed the corals at the top of the tank and have used fairly bright PC and VHO setups.

I would not put gravel on top of sand. The reason is that the gravel will basicly cancel out the positive benifits of a sand bed by traping detrius and not giving the sand bed an opertunity to do its business with it.

Back
Top Bottom